Your search results

Real Estate FAQ

Who is Blue Parrot

Blue Parrot is a full service real estate brokerage committed to delivering clear communication and full support in achieving your goals and objectives, whether we are representing you as a buyer or seller.

Who is TCREA? (Turks & Caicos Real Estate Association)

TCREA members are trained and certified Real Estate professionals. Our online Multiple Listing System (MLS) consolidates all listed properties in one location, giving maximum exposure to Sellers and virtually a one-stop shop for Buyers. The TCREA member you choose can represent you in both the sale and the purchase of any property including all major condominium developments.

What are the Requirements for US Citizens Visiting?

Since January 8, 2007, all US Citizens traveling to the Turks & Caicos Islands by air MUST have a valid US passport. As of June 1, 2009 Cruise ship passengers are also required to meet this requirement. For more on US travel requirements visit

Canadian Citizens

Canadian citizens & permanent residents arriving from Canada may enter the Turks and Caicos without a passport, if they meet the following conditions: Traveling (entry and departure) DIRECT from Canada into the Turks and Caicos Islands carrying an original [or notarized copy] of their Birth Certificate AND a valid government issued photo id.


All visitors must hold a return ticket. Visitors are granted entry for up to 90 days; this is renewable one time only.  Passports/Visas: Immigration Regulations state that a visitor’s passport must be valid during the dates they intend to be in the Turks and Caicos Islands.  Types of visas: Tourist, Business and Transit Applications for a visa should be made to your nearest British Embassy or Consulate.

What are the Requirements for Living and Working?

 Residence Permits: Individuals wishing to live in the TCI may apply for one of two permits; 1) A Temporary Resident Permit or 2) A Permanent Residence Permit. A Temporary Resident Permit or TRP can be obtained by the Immigration department for those interested in residing in the islands without the right to work for a limited period of time, generally up to one-year. Changeover from a TPR to a work permit is not permitted. Children up to age 18 and spouses can be endorsed on a TRP. Individuals above the age of 18 are eligible to apply for a Work Permit in the islands. The permit allows for lawful residency and right to work within a restricted category within the islands. A Permanent Residence Permit can also be issued with or without the right to work, but is a one-time application. Should be noted that obtaining a PRC with the right to work has more requirements (10 consecutive work permits / 10 completed years of work permits) then a PRC without the right to work that can be obtained through investment which varies depending on the island that you are wishing to reside.

What is the Structure of Governance?

The Turks and Caicos Islands are a British Overseas Territory. The Turks and Caicos Islands Constitution Order 2011 provides for an elected Government comprising of a Ministerial Cabinet and an elected House of Assembly.

Reset password

Enter your email address and we will send you a link to change your password.

Compare Listings